Friday, August 17, 2007

by Bracha Bard-Wigdor

My fondest memory of Toby goes back in the day, when we were in camp together in the 8th grade. It was visiting day and the Eagle family came to visit Toby. Anybody who knows the Eagle's knows they are an incredible family of musicians! Well I didn't know that until that summer…I walk into the bunkhouse, and sitting before me is a family orchestrating the finest music for all to see. I was amazed, for a kid like me it was like watching a live band, only they were children & they were Toby's family! After the Eagle's left that day I remember asking Toby how they all did that?! She went on to explain, how each one has a different talent and each played a different instrument, and that was how they played so well together. It was that unison that I was attracted to. She said it with such pride and happiness that she was a part of that. I'll never forget as long as I live how I just stood there as a 12 yr old wishing I had a family like that! I was thinking how I had come back from Walmart buying Snapples and junk food while there was a girl in my camp, who was more than content to just sit with her family, spend time with them and just make music. To me, that was Toby. I think she had an incredible family and may we all be blessed to have such blessings in our life. I pray every day that G-D should show his compassion to us and bring the final stage of redemption now so we can be reunited with all our loved ones. Toby you're terribly missed, we want you back. I'm praying Mincha in your honor and memory. Lots of Love.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I miss you Toby.

Unknown said...

The Eagles are an incredible family. Thanks for sharing this great memory of Toby and her family.